As Citrix XenApp and XenDesktop 7.x are fast becoming the standard platforms for deploying application and desktop virtualization, they provide a unified platform that makes application and desktop delivery fast and easy.
You can utilize the new Flexcast Management Architecture (FMA) as well as several new features and enhancements to improve the security, manageability and remote access of your virtual applications and desktops.
In this white paper, Top Eight Best Practices for Deploying Citrix XenApp and XenDesktop 7.x, you will discover real-world experiences as well as the top eight best practices in deploying Citrix XenApp/XenDesktop 7.x, including how to:
- Be cloud ready by separating the management plane and the workload
- Take advantage of new XenApp/XenDesktop 7.x features including Connection Leasing, anonymous user accesses, session pre-launch and lingering, and application folders/grouping support
- Improve the user experience on broadband wireless connections with the Framehawk technology (available in Feature Pack 2)
- Benefit from Citrix Provisioning Services enhancements and understand the trade-offs between PVS vs. Machine Creation Services
- Analyze virtualization platform choices and how to optimize the deployment to get more users per server
- Leverage built-in Citrix tools for performance visibility
- Implement end-to-end monitoring, diagnosis and reporting for complete visibility across all Citrix and non-Citrix tiers in a single unified view